Led by Hon`ble Minister, Ministry of Finance, the officials from Department of National Budget, GNH Commission and Government Performance Management Division conducted a day long sensitization on Gewog Annual Grant Guideline to the Gups, GAOs, Planning Officers and Finance Officers of four south-western Dzongkhag (Samtse, Chhukha, Haa & Paro) in Phuentsholing today.
As a milestone of progressive decentralization process, the Government introduced Gewog Annual Grant from the Financial Year 2019-2020 and the day long program was carried out in the view that the major chunks of the budget being directly released to the Gewogs and to understand the Guideline for implementation is felt paramount importance. The Government importance. The Government has introduced GAG with the objectives to:
1. Empower Gewog and deepen decentralization process.
2. Enhance citizen-centric local development, growth and service delivery.
3. Enhance flexibility and discretion in planning and use of Gewog budget.
4. Promote transparency, accountability and ownership in the use of Grants and
5. Ease disbursement and reduce bureaucratic procedures.
The meeting was also attended by Dasho Dzongdag, Chhukha, Phuentsholing Drungpa, Phuentsholing Thrompon, SP, RBP and Members of Parliament from Samtse, Chhukha, Haa and Paro Dzongkhag.
Source: Wangdi Gyelpo, Planning Officer.